Wesley Bloxam, RIP, Co-founder of Art Rave Society of Alberni
Wesley Bloxham, Art Rave co-founder and friend, passed away on June 4th, 2020, in Port Alberni.
Wes made a home here and was the creator and owner of Islands Gallery, on Argyle St.
Wes welcomed everyone into this remarkable space, which became a hang out for artists and the like, a distillery, of a kind, where the mash up of ideas, energies, dreams, resulted in a potent elixir some might call love.
‘Prenez moi comme je suis’ … ‘take me as I am’ speaks of Wes and his philosophy on life. In his acceptance of others, especially ‘the othered’, it’s how he chose to live his life, and how we will remember him. As his Art Rave cohorts, we continue to strive to live up to the standards Wes set for all of us.
Join us in sending out thoughts of love and care to Wes’ family and loved ones.
Safe passage dear friend
Colleen and the motley Art Rave crew
Luminary Work Party – Le Poisson needs a new lighting system and some installation will require repairs to outer skin. A repair work party at Char’s Landing is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, October 20th @ 2PM.
– Sunday, Oct. 20th is also Film Fest day at the Landmark. Perhaps those of us planning to attend could bring some food or order in and walk over for 5PM showing.
Art Rave Halloween/Day of the Dead Party – Get your costumes ready for Friday, Nov. 1st. Location: Scout Hall at 4th & Montrose at 7PM
– A Work party at Scout Hall is planned before that date to help organize the space for the party. Date & details will be shared at later date.
Art Rave Christmas Party/Fundraiser at Char’s Landing – Plans are under-way & preliminary dates for booking are Dec. 20th or 21st.
– We are waiting for date confirmation from Char and will keep you posted.
* Art Rave’s Community Investment Grant Application deadline is Nov 1. The funds received will be used for Art Rave’s 2020 Canada Day activities.
– We would love to hear your creative ideas for on-site activities. A detailed list of Canada Day activities and related budget are required for the grant application.
Please emails your ideas for innovative & creative all ages fun.
AGM on Monday, January 7th, 2019 at 7PM
3876 Keeha Drive, Port Alberni
Sincere thanks to Arrowvale Farm and the Collins for allowing Art Rave & Shaw to use their main building to shoot an upcoming Rave On segment with Gittan Klemetsrud. It’s a wonderful place to visit this time of year. Came home with a beautiful fresh wreath made from greens sourced at the farm.
Wreath Making Classes also available. Well worth checking out!
Thanks goes to Naesgaards Farm and Market for their generous support of Art Rave Society. Matching grants from ArtsVest doubles their contribution. Drop by their market at River Road and Mary Street, Port Alberni, to enjoy the beautiful display and sale of decorated Christmas trees and ornaments.
And a walk through:
The Salmon Luminary, by
Engineering: Guy Ciccone